DIY mini hand ornaments
before it’s too late, i wanted to share an easy christmas ornament project that you can do this weekend! i love making ornaments for xmas because you can keep one and give the rest to your relatives or friends so you all have matching ones, which is super sweet when you really think about it.
i loooove ceramic hands and sadly only have three in my house, so i decided the tree needed some too. these are super easy to make, because once you’ve made one, you can make a bunch more using the first as a template.
01. condition your clay to get it nice and soft. form a ball and then use your rolling pin to roll it out flat.
02. cut your shape, like pictured above. once you’ve cut out the hand, use your blade to basically just score the finger creases.
03. once you’re happy with the first one, do the same for the rest of the ornaments by just placing it on top of more clay and tracing the shape with your blade.
04. poke a hole through the hand with a toothpick and make sure it’s large enough that it’ll fit a piece of string.
05. bake according to package directions. let cool.
06. once dry, you can paint if you’d like — i debated how to paint them for quite some time so i decided to leave them simple. apply a layer of gloss glaze.
07. tie string, hang on your tree!
Love the idea of giving all family and friends matching decs!
I got married at christmas last year and the wedding favours were mini stockings. Love the thought that everyone has a lil piece of our wedding hung on their tree!
Lovely idea, thanks
If some one needs expert view concerning blogging and
site-building afterward i suggest him/her to visit this website, Keep
up the nice work.
Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back
to your blog? My blog site is in the very same niche as yours
and my users would really benefit from some of the information you provide here.
Please let me know if this okay with you. Thanks!
Love this!!! Do you put it on a baking sheet when baking or straight in oven??
baking sheet! i’d use a piece of parchment too since they’re not food safe