if you watch breaking bad – then you know it’s coming back on sunday. what better way to watch the premiere than with celebratory themed drinks!?
hank loves making margaritas and walt jr. vomited from drinking tequila so it seemed like the natural choice.
margarita … walter … WALTERita?! yes. it’s stupid in a good way right?
BREAKING BAD “WALTERITA”
adapted from chow.com’s perfect margarita
1 1/2 ounces blanco 100% agave tequila
1/2 ounce cointreau
1 ounce freshly squeeze lime juice
kosher salt for rimming glasses
blue food coloring
blue rock candy for garnish (you can find for $1 at any candy store)
01. first make and freeze the blue crystal meth ice. fill a small baking sheet with water and stir in a few drops of your food coloring. leave in freezer for a couple of hours.
02. dye the salt by putting two drops of the food coloring into a spoon and mixing it around in your shallow bowl full of salt until you’re happy with the color.
03. using a lime or a damp paper towel, wet the rims of the glasses and dip into the salt.
04. when the ice is fully frozen, take a knife and smash it up into pieces.
05. with the glass full of ice, pour tequila, lime juice, and cointreau; and stir a few times until chilled. add more ice after pouring for the full crystal meth effect. i did NOT food color the drink, the second it was stirred it turned this blue.
06. garnish with rock candy. i also happened to have blue straws that i cut down to fit. serve with chicken or funyons.