super excited to share todays DIY with you guys — i actually had planned on making something completely different last week, but i couldn’t find the supplies in my mess. instead i found this hoop i had bought months ago and never had done anything with it – and decided to whip this up. i’m kind of obsessed with looking at it.
01. start with your first piece of yarn by tying and knotting it on the top of your ring. (i used a piece of washi tape to keep them from sliding). use long pieces so that you can have flexibility later when trimming.
02. tie and knot the other end as tightly as you can on the bottom of your ring. you can slide your yarn around once you have all your pieces tied, so don’t worry about the placement too much. if you’re having trouble making it tight, tie it a little higher than you’re planning on having it and slide the yarn down once knotted.
03. do this as many times as you want. if you’re doing the same bead pattern, make sure you have an odd number of yarn pieces.
04. once you’re done tying all your yarn, scrunch your top knots together as tightly as you can. trim the ends off.
05. hang your ring on a wall where you can step back and slowly trim off the bottom ends. do this slowly, so you don’t end up cutting off more than you like.
06. attach your beads, if your yarn isn’t going through your bead holes easily, use a toothpick to push it through. you can gently tie each bead on before knotting, so you can step back and make sure everything looks pretty and balanced.
07. once you’re happy with the dreamcatcher as it, tie a small additional piece of yarn to the top for hanging.